Osborn-Cannonball House Museum Open House – Sunday, April 6, 2014 2PM-4PM

27 March 2014

Please join us on Sunday, April 6, 2014, from 2PM to 4PM, at the Osborn-Cannonball House Museum located at 1840 Front St. in Scotch Plains, NJ

200 years of needlework samples and Victorian spring fashions will be on display.  Costumed guides will conduct tours.

The event is open to the public, and there is no charge for admission. We hope to see you there!

Meeting/Road Trip – February 25, 2014 – 125th Anniversary of Willow Grove Chapel

18 February 2014

Old Photo of Willow Grove ChapelWillow Grove Chapel in the South-side of Scotch Plains marks its 125th anniversary this year.  It started as part of a Sunday School project.  Local farmers built the small Union Chapel.  Eventually, so many families participated that the church was built around the chapel.  The chapel has constantly catered to children throughout the years with Bible School Classes and a Nursery School.

The Historical Society of Scotch Plains and Fanwood is going to this historic chapel for its February meeting.  We will learn about the history of the actual street, what the area was like when the chapel was built and the chapel’s special architecture.

The meeting takes place Tuesday evening, February 25th, starting at 8:00PM at the Willow Grove Chapel at 1961 Raritan Road in Scotch Plains.  This special meeting is open to everyone. Fellowship and refreshments follow the meeting.

Contact Connie Klock at 908-232-9489 for further information or write to us.

2013 Annual Holiday Open house at the Osborn Cannonball House Museum

30 November 2013

The Osborn Cannonball House Museum 1840 East Front Street in Scotch Plains, NJ will be open on Sunday, December 1, 2013 from 2-4pm.

Featured is our Victorian Christmas tree and1800’s winter clothing display. Join us for hot mulled cider and snacks.
Also see our recently acquired 1880’s Mason and Hamilin reed pump organ.  Costumed guides will conduct tours.

This will be the last open house of the Museum for 2013.  It will be closed for the winter and reopen the first Sunday in March 2014.

Next Page »